About a mile out of Dalton-in-Furness is the Lake District's only zoological park, which is recognised as one of Europe's leading conservation zoos. 17 acres are home to the rarest animals on earth, who are participants in co-ordinated breeding programmes to save them from extinction in the wild. This is the only zoo in Britain to hold both Amur and Sumatran Tigers, the biggest and smallest tigers left in the world. Each day David Gill or one of his assistants gives a talk on the conservation projects for the few remaining tigers left in the world. In the Australian Bush area, many animals have complete freedom to wander at will, such as lemur monkeys, exotic deer, emus, wallabies and kangaroos.
South Lakes Wild Animal Park
Dalton in Furness
Terms and Conditions:
- Voucher to be taken as stated and cannot be transferred/exchanged.
- Voucher not to be used in conjunction with any other offers or discounts
- Not to be used on Bank Holidays
- Voucher expires 3 months after purchase
- Not for resale
- Please note if your order status is pending this will not change, all vouchers are posted the following working day
- Please be aware that all vouchers are posted via royal mail 1st class recorded delivery and will require a signature on receipt
- Although they are posted 1st class this does not guarantee your voucher will arrive the following day, so please allow plenty of time to receive your order